Stop it Now! is a child sexual abuse prevention campaign. Stop It Now! supports adults to play their part in prevention through providing sound information, educating members of the public, training those who work with children and families and running a freephone confidential Helpline. The Helpline is available to:
- adults worried about the behaviour of other adults or children and young people
- those worried about their own sexual thoughts or behaviour towards children, including those with concerns about their online behaviour
- friends and relatives of people arrested for sexual offending, including internet offending
- any other adult with a concern about child sexual abuse – including survivors and professionals.
Stop It Now! aims to stop child sexual abuse by encouraging abusers and potential abusers to seek help. Stop It Now! provide adults with the information they need to recognise worrying behaviour in themselves or others, and with the confidence to take responsible action when they suspect that something is wrong. Stop it Now! want to engage with:
- family and friends of abusers; to help them recognise the signs of abusive behaviour and seek advice about what action to take
- adults who have abused or are thinking about abusing a child; to encourage them to recognise their behaviour as abusive and to seek help to change
- parents of children and young people with worrying sexual behaviour; to give them information about the warning signs and when to seek help.
The Stop it Now! Freephone Helpline is available from 9am - 9pm Mondays to Thursdays and from 9am - 5pm Fridays.
Alternatively you can email them on firstname.lastname@example.org.