Holmewood House is a co-educational, non-selective school for boys and girls aged 2-13 years, situated in 30 acres of glorious grounds in Tunbridge Wells. Holmewood provides a broad, well-balanced curriculum with outstanding teachers, in what is very much a family school where the positive relationships between the teachers and pupils allows staff to get to know and understand the individual learning requirements of each and every child. They foster their talents and nurture their growth through a broad, balanced, challenging and exciting curriculum. The school wholeheartedly believes that emotional and social well-being, self-esteem, happiness and confidence are of prime importance and are in themselves inextricably linked to academic progress. Staff are excited by the curiosity and thirst for learning that each child, regardless of their ability, naturally displays. They work hard to allow each child to ask why, to query and to have the time to develop their thoughts into fresh discoveries and innovations and, in doing so, overcome the challenges faced. The end result is the celebration of learning – a reward in its own right! The wonderful environment and outstanding facilities provide a strong framework upon which the ethos of ‘allowing children to be children’ can be achieved. Childhood is full of exciting new experiences which, parents and teachers relive, through the eyes and laughter of the children. The relationship between home and school is of fundamental importance in ensuring every child is surrounded by the love, care and guidance which they require as they make their way through their educational journey. In short, the partnership allows the children to enjoy the most important journey of all; childhood.
Holmewood House School - Nursery Unit
Who to contact
Where to go
Holmewood House School
- TN3 0EB
When is it on?
- When is childcare available
- Term Time Only
- Carescheme Age Range:
- 2 year(s), 9 month(s) to 13 year(s), 11 month(s)
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 08:00 18:00 Tuesday 08:00 18:00 Wednesday 08:00 18:00 Thursday 08:00 18:00 Friday 08:00 18:00
- Other Availability
- Holmewood House also offer a boarding provision during term time. This provision is provided 7 days a week.
- ECD Type
- Nursery Unit of Independent School
- Offers pickups
- Please view the website for further information about our Mini Bus services. https://www.holmewoodhouse.co.uk/about-us/school-information/mini-bus-service/
- Cost details
Please contact the Registrar for further information: email@example.com or view the weblink below.
- 3-4 Year Old Funding?
- 2 Year Old Funding?
- Total vacancies
- Vacancies Details
- Please contact our Registrar, Mrs Caroline Mulley on 01892 860006 or go to our Admissions section on the website for further information. https://www.holmewoodhouse.co.uk/admissions/
- Immediate vacancies?
- Contact Provider for Vacancy Details?
- Vacancy range
Vacancy Range Start Age End Age Places 2 years , 9 months 13 years, 11 months
- Vacancy Information Last updated Date
- Table Tennis, Computers / It, Swimming, Drama, Toys/dolls, Dressing Up, Dance, Team Games, Discussions / Talks, Themed Sessions, Trike, Environmental Area, Tv/video/dvd, Training Rooms, Water Play, Gym, Webcam (Secure) In Setting, Games / Puzzles, Visits and Outings, Garden, Walks, Help With Homework, Woodwork, Languages, Internet Connection, Kitchen, Library - Children's Library, Life Skills, Music, Literacy and Numeracy, Messy Play Area, Outdoor Adventure Play Area, Nursery, Outdoor Activities, Pets, Play House, Parks/playgrounds, Quiet Room, Play Room, Pool, Sandpit, Reading, Refreshments, Books, Sign Language / Makaton, Car Parking, Songs, Bushcraft, Slide, Climbing Frame, Stories, Sports, Squash, Christian Based Ethos
Holmewood House is an Early Years provider and chooses to be part of the Early Years Free Entitlement funding scheme, through which 3 and 4 year-olds are entitled to 15 hours of free early education each week during school term time.
If parents only want to access the 15 hours of free early education, sessions are available for 3 hours per day from 11am – 2pm, subject to availability. For children only using their 15 hours of free entitlement, no registration fee is payable and their full deposit will be refunded within 6 weeks of their start date.
Children become eligible for the free entitlement from the term following their 3rd birthday
- Children born in the period 1stJanuary to 31stMarch: 1st April following the child’s third birthday
- Children born in the period 1stApril to 31stAugust: 1st September following the child’s third birthday
- Children born in the period 1stSeptember to 31stDecember: 1st January following the child’s third birthday
These dates are consistent with those used for determining the commencement of compulsory education and ensure that every child is able to access at least six terms of funded early education before they reach statutory school age.
Each eligible child is entitled to 570 hours of free early years’ education per year. As Holmewood House is only open for 34 weeks per academic year, your child will actually only receive 510 hours. You are not able to claim the difference in hours at another setting.
The School reserves the right to withdraw from the scheme at any time and will endeavour to give one terms’ notice.
- Languages Spoken:
- Wheelchair Access
Special Needs Support
Who should I contact if I am considering registering for a place at the setting?
Please contact our Registrar, Mrs Caroline Mulley, for further information on 01892 860000.