Registered Childminder, providing friendly and caring, home from home childcare. Quiet location and parking available. The local primary school and parks are within walking distance.
Rachel Clare Pheasant
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Contact Position
- 07732 399 884
When is it on?
- When is childcare available
- Open All Year
- Carescheme Age Range:
- 0 year(s), 5 month(s) to 11 year(s), 0 month(s)
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 7.00 5.00 Tuesday 7.00 5.00 Thursday 7.00 5.00 Friday 7.00 5.00
- Other Availability
- Closed for 2 weeks in August and 1 week over Christmas.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type 5.00 Per hour
- ECD Type
- Offers pickups
- Schools covered
- Chilton Primary School
- School wrap around care is available to the children that attend my childcare prior to starting school. Unfortunately I do not take on new already school aged children.
- 3-4 Year Old Funding?
- 2 Year Old Funding?
- Total vacancies
- Vacancies Details
- Sorry, no vacanies at the moment. Waiting list for September.
- Places Range
Places Range Start Age End Age Places 0 0 1 1 5 3 0 5 3 5 7 6
- Immediate vacancies?
- Contact Provider for Vacancy Details?
- Vacancy range
Vacancy Range Start Age End Age Places 0 11 0
- Vacancy Information Last updated Date
- Swing, Music, Literacy and Numeracy, Messy Play Area, Toddler Groups, Toys/dolls, Dressing Up, Dance, Discussions / Talks, Outdoor Activities, Trike, Tv/video/dvd, Play House, Parent and Toddler Group, Parks/playgrounds, Water Play, Games / Puzzles, Visits and Outings, Garden, Walks, Sandpit, Arts And Crafts, Scooter, Healthy Living, Books, Library - Baby Bounce and Rhyme Under 3's, Sign Language / Makaton, See-Saw, Kitchen, Car Parking, Soft Play Area, Songs, Sleeping Area, Slide, Climbing Frame, Library Visits, Stories, Climbing Ropes, Childminding Link Group, Library - Storytimes For Pre-School Children
Chidrens needs will be discussed prior to starting and I will work together with parents on how best support each child's needs.
- Languages Spoken:
- Wheelchair Access
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 06/08/2008 Care Good 26/03/2012 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 28/09/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 03/07/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
All children are welcome, areas of need discussed, work with parents for best outcome.
Special Needs Support
How does the setting identify children with additional needs or SEND?
All about me form. One to one visit initially where possible. Discussions with parents. On going observations and assessments.
Parents can ask for an appropriate time longer than drop offs to talk in more detail. Available to talk over phone / emails outside of work hours.
How will I be informed / consulted about the ways in which my child is being supported?
A daily communication book can be used . Brief discussions during hand overs. Emails/ texts/ photos can be sent. Paperwork when needed.
How will the setting adapt the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum for my child's needs?
Child will feel included and welcome. Work with parents for a home from home sense of security.
Language rich environment. Toys and books of interests.
What teaching strategies does the setting use for children with additional needs or learning difficulties?
Storage areas are labelled with words and pictures. Toys out of sight are available in toy catalogues. Regular routines in place but also flexible approach. Specific resources could be purchased using extra funding where possible.
What additional support does the setting provide for children with additional needs or SEND?
Willing to access help from outside agencies.
Extra training can be sought.
How will the setting monitor my child's progress and how will I be involved in this?
2 year check report. Where there are concerns, development notes taken and shared with parents. Outside agencies can be called for advice if needed.
How do you ensure children with additional needs or SEND can be included in the same activities as other children, including trips?
Plan in advance. Risk assess if somewhere new. Discuss with parents any potential extra help or items needed.
How accessible is the building for children with mobility difficulties / wheelchair users?
There is a step up to the front or back doors but once inside the rooms used for childcare are all on ground level. There is usually parking outside of the house or very near by. Room could be made on the drive way when needed.
How will you support my child's transition to a new setting or school?
Relevant paperwork such as the 2 year progress check. (permission sought). The school/ nursery may phone. Talk with the child and parents, activities, stories, dressing up in uniform, role play, visits if possible.
How does the setting assess the overall effectiveness of its SEN provision and how can parents / carers take part in this evaluation?
Review of policies and procedures. Talking with parents.
Who should I contact if I am considering registering for a place at the setting?
What arrangements does the setting have for feedback from parents / carers, including compliments and complaints?
Talk, text, email, complaints policy.