EAQ Grass Roots is based on a small farm in Crowhurst, Surrey and offers equine assisted learning sessions in a natural, outdoor environment for children and young people. Times and dates can be arranged to meet individual needs and the centre is open all year round. As well as therapeutic sessions, EAQ Grass Roots specialises in alternative education provision for children and young people and offers nationally recognised qualifications.
There will be more availability for equine assisted learning sessions at our alternative provision, With EAQ Grass Roots, from September 2021.
What We do:
- Alternative and therapeutic education for children and young people in an outdoor environment with animals and using specialist communication techniques
- Work with children and young people who may have complex diagnosis including ASD, PDA, school refusal and other social, emotional and behavioural needs
- Personal and social skills development and programmes to support mental well-being
- Offer nationally recognised qualifications from Entry Level to Level 3 including a Level 1 Certificate for Skills for Professions in Animal Care
- Implement safer recruitment procedures with all staff having DBS checks and specialist training including safeguarding.