Little Acorns @ Copperfield
Our Nursery Curriculum Rationale
Providing opportunities that take you beyond your everyday experience.
Education has the power to provide real-life experiences that strengthen and develop children’s understanding of the world around them. Children deserve the opportunity to develop knowledge and skills that take them beyond their everyday life. We believe children have the right to an engaging and innovative curriculum that allows them to explore and investigate. We will endeavour to promote a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment which supports the growth of independence, resilience, collaboration and a love of learning. We value and understand the links between children’s well-being and learning and are committed to developing close partnerships between home and school. Children will always be at the heart of everything we do.
A typical day
- Children will enter in the mornings to activities they enjoy to help calm and settle them.
- Children will access a range of child initiated activities, free flowing throughout the provision.
- Children will take part in daily Phonic and Maths activities.
- Children will also take part in group activities to develop their social skills alongside an adult.
- Children will stay for lunch
- There will be time for rest and calm during the day.
- Children will have plenty of opportunity to learn through play with age appropriate opportunities.
- Every day children will enjoy a story in a small group or class.
As a Nursery every day we strive to encourage our children to be:
Successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve.
Confident individuals, who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives.
Responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society.
At Copperfield Academy Nursery we provide all day (8:30am-3:15pm) / morning (8:30am- 11:30am) / afternoon (12:15pm-3:15pm) sessions.
We are able to take children from the term following their third birthday.
Our provision runs for 38 weeks, term-time only and is non-stretched.
Please do not hesitate to contact our main office if you would like to secure a place or have any questions.
‘From little acorns, mighty oaks grow’