Number One Community Trust was established, and exists to enhance, the quality of life of the residents of Ramslye and Showfields through events, activities and projects that:
- Promote the physical, mental and spiritual health and wellbeing of local residents
- Improve the social and economic wellbeing of local residents
- Support the advancement of education and training
- Assist those who are seeking employment
- Encourage environmental improvements in the neighbourhood.
At Number One there are a wide range of activities and services:
- The Number One Café is open Monday to Friday 9am to 3pm
- Showfields Hall
- a Library
- GP surgery
- and the Little Learning Tree Preschool
- as well as a variety of weekly clubs and groups for people of all ages.