Listening Books is a national UK charity that provides an audiobook lending service for anyone with an illness, physical or learning disability, mental health condition, or learning difficulty, who finds that it impacts on their ability to read or hold books in the usual way.
Listening Books - a national audiobook lending service
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Claire Bell
- Contact Position
- Deputy Membership and PR Manager
020 7407 9417
020 7234 0522
Where to go
- Listening Books
12 Lant Street
- SE1 1QH
Office hours and membership support is available Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm. Our online audiobook service is available 24/7.
- Cost details
Membership fees start from £20 per year. We have a number of free memberships available for anyone who would find our annual membership fees of between £20 and £45 per year
difficult to cover for any reason. No financial proof is required
just a self-declaration that the annual membership fee would be a barrier to joining the service. Please be assured that we are a charity and there are no hidden costs involved in our free memberships and no charges to borrow individual books.
- Referral required?
- Referral and availability notes
Become a member by:
- Visiting: https://www.listening-books.org.uk/join
- Calling: 020 7407 9417
- Downloading and filling in our free membership application leaflet. Return it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to Freepost LISTENING BOOKS
Our service is not only for people with visual impairments, but for anyone with anxiety, depression, dyslexia, dyspraxia, ADHD, ASD, Cerebral Palsy, Down's Syndrome, stroke, dementia, diabetes, migraines, CFS/M.E., Fibromyalgia, cancer, problems with manual dexterity and many other conditions.
Listening Books has thousands of wonderful fiction and non-fiction titles, including popular authors such as J. K. Rowling, David Walliams, Malorie Blackman, Khaled Hosseini, Agatha Christie, Jojo Moyes and many more. You can view our full catalogue at: https://www.listening-books.org.uk/library. Members also have access to over 7,000 newspapers and magazines from our partner service PressReader.
Members can listen to our audiobooks in three easily accessible ways:
- Streamed online over WiFi on computers, laptops, tablets, or smartphones.
- Downloaded through our website or app to these devices
- Sent directly through the post on MP3 CD (no postage costs or late fees)
A free membership provides access to all options above, so members can choose what works best for them.
- Age Range
- Suitable for all ages
- Communication and interaction, Language difficulty, Learning difficulty,