- The Traineeship to Apprenticeship / Study Programme is a BTEC Level 2 (18 credit) Extended Certificate in Workskills.
- This will not only benefit young people aged 16 – 23 with the training in the programme but also help them get an Apprenticeship as well as gaining a certificate in Workskills.
Here is the course information:
- 6 week free to Learner Traineeship programme
- Based in one of our local offices in Sandwich (Discovery Park) or Canterbury (University of Kent)
- Monday to Friday / 9:00am to 4:00pm or 5:00pm for 6 weeks (classroom based course)
- Work Preparation & Employability training which ensures you have the skills and confidence needed to start your career.
- Maths and English support to improve your literacy and numeracy.
- Meaningful work experience through a work placement which provides insight and experience of the world of work.
- Travel bursary for the 6 week course (subject to satisfactory benefit proof)
- Creating a personalised Life Plan
- Look at the 4 Step Packaging
- Identify the audience – What role do you want, what sector?
- Package yourself – Build your personal brand, create a CV, the use of Social Media, professional email address
- Market yourself – Cover letters, Application forms, speculative approach, elevator pitch, public speaking
- Interview – Interview preparation, company research, effective questioning
- Dealing with Customers & Their Expectations
- Providing safe & Effective Customer Service
- Internal & External Customers
- Health & Safety
- Equality and Diversity
Business based Projects
- Organising events
- Organising Assessments
- Business pitching
- Effective Communication
Functional skills Math & English
Upskilling in both English & Maths
Our Employer engagement team will work with them to find out more about the types of apprenticeships they are interested in and will arrange for various companies to come down to our offices to interview them for a work placement. Once successful at this stage and they have completed their 6 weeks, candidates will have their work experience and hopefully go on to an Apprenticeship within a company for a minimum of 12 months, and will be earning a minimum of £100 - £150 a week and some companies do pay more.
The benefits of completing an apprenticeship:
� Minimum of 12 months relevant work experience
� NVQ Level 2 or 3 in chosen area
� Functional Skills in Maths, English & ICT
� A minimum wage of £100 - £150 per week (National Minimum wage £3.40 per hour)
� Potential for sustained employment
The frameworks available are:
- Customer Service
- Health & Social Care
- I T
- Office Admin
- Social Media & Digital Marketing
- Warehousing & Storage
Programmes of study and levels:
Training covers areas such as;
- Employability skills (CV/Cover letters/interview techniques)
- Business / Admin skills
- Customer service skills
- Office Etiquette
- Internal and External communication within the working environment
- Functional skills Maths & English Level 1 & 2
- Link in with our Employer Engagement team to support them into a work placement and either an NVQ Level 2 or 3 Apprenticeship
Age Range: Currently available for 16-23 year olds