I have been childminding for nearly ten years from my own home in St Peters, Broadstairs. I have three of my own children. I try very hard to meet the needs of all children and their families, I understand the importance of providing excellent childcare in a home from home environment where children are cared for like members of my own family and as a working parent myself, I try to make things as easy as possible for families by being flexible in all areas, including, start and finishing times, additional childcare when needed, dropping off and collecting from school, help with homework if needed, amongst other requests. I work mainly from a large purpose built playroom within the grounds off my home but do take the children out on daytrips to the beach (where we own a beach hut), local animal centres, park, library, museums etc.
Jessica Louise Dungar
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Jessica Dungar
- Contact Position
Where to go
I am close to Callis Grange Nursery and Infant School and St Peter in Thanet Junior School. I am situated on the Loop bus route making me easy to access. I am close to Thanet Wanderers Park and walking distance to local amenities.
When is it on?
- When is childcare available
- Term Time Only
- Carescheme Age Range:
- 0 year(s), 0 month(s) to 16 year(s), 0 month(s)
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 06:00 22:00 Tuesday 06:00 22:00 Wednesday 06:00 22:00 Thursday 06:00 22:00 Friday 06:00 22:00 Saturday 06:00 22:00 Sunday 06:00 22:00
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.50 Per hour
- ECD Type
- Offers pickups
- Schools covered
St Peter-in-Thanet CEJ School
Callis Grange Nursery & Infant School
- 3-4 Year Old Funding?
- 2 Year Old Funding?
- Total vacancies
- Places Range
Places Range Start Age End Age Places 0 5 6 5 8 6
- Immediate vacancies?
- Computers / It, Cookery, Drama, Toddler Groups, Toys/dolls, Dressing Up, Dance, Team Games, Discussions / Talks, Themed Sessions, Trike, Tv/video/dvd, Ecology, Water Play, Games / Puzzles, Visits and Outings, Garden, Walks, Help With Homework, Healthy Living, Internet Connection, Kitchen, Library Visits, Life Skills, Music, Literacy and Numeracy, Messy Play Area, Outdoor Adventure Play Area, Paddling Pool, Outdoor Activities, Pets, Play House, Parks/playgrounds, Puppets, Play Room, Sandpit, Arts And Crafts, Scooter, Reading, Refreshments, Books, See-Saw, Bike, Songs, Sleeping Area, Slide, Climbing Frame, Stories, Sports, Christian Based Ethos
- Languages Spoken:
- Wheelchair Access
- Wheelchair access details
- We have a downstairs bathroom
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
Special Needs Support
How will the setting monitor my child's progress and how will I be involved in this?
I use a service called Kinderly in association with Pacey (Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years). Once parents are added to this service you can view the progress your child makes with your own secure login, daily diaries, development reports and photos are all on this service.
How accessible is the building for children with mobility difficulties / wheelchair users?
Unfortunately my setting is not wheelchair accessible due to width restraints and steps.
How will you support my child's transition to a new setting or school?
I attend numerous activities and events at the local school with the preschoolers, making it a familiar environment, children follow the Early Years Curriculum which then continues in Reception. Children are supported and encouraged to be independent in preparation for school.