Working with communities with high levels of unemployment, ASPIRE East Kent empowers those who want to lose weight to make positive changes in their daily lives.
By helping people to improve their self-esteem, health and wellbeing through gardening, cooking and other activities, taking part in ASPIRE opens up new opportunities and routes to employment.
ASPIRE is for you if:
• you are over 18
• you are unemployed, a job seeker or in temporary insecure work
• and you would like to lose weight.
You’ll have an appointment with an ASPIRE co-ordinator to discuss your goals - these could be to grow your own food, eat more healthily, be more active, volunteer or get a job - and plan a pathway that suits you (you choose what you want to do) over a period of about 12 weeks. You can take part in as much or as little as you wish.
• Practical gardening
• Growing your own
• Hands-on cooking skills
• Planning healthy meals
• NHS KCHFT Weight Loss programme
• Health walks
• Training courses (with qualifications)
• Health centre membership
• Online wellbeing programme
• 1-1 support
• Job application and CV workshops
• Accessing volunteer opportunities
• Interview practice
• Preparing for the workplace
• Information and advice from employers
• Virtual reality training
Contact ASPIRE East Kent and see what we can do for you!