Hi, I’m Laura and I am a registered childminder, based on the outskirts of Canterbury, just off of Island Road towards Upstreet. I am fully paediatric first aid and safeguarding trained with full DBS certificate, with 7-year primary school experience as a higher-level teaching assistant and a fully trained phonics teacher and tutor. My purpose-built cabin has been filled with EYFS rich resources (both inside and out), to create an open-ended environment to enhance the learning and development of children in my care. My ethos is to allow to children to take charge of their own experience and although I will provide opportunities to play, learn and get creative, the main structure of play will be child-led. My role as a childminder is to care, encourage, nurture, and enhance learning across all areas of the EYFS and to support the children with their own personal development, preparing them for their future next steps.
Laura Jane Dobson
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Laura Dobson
- Contact Position
Where to go
- CT3 4HD
The environment I have created is as enriched outside as it in, as I believe in the importance of being outside in all weathers for both physical and mental health and well-being. Fully equipped with its own mud kitchen, water wall, painting window, dino-land, sandpits, loose parts area, sensory garden, car track with gravel pit, slide and giant climbing tyres, the outside area has everything for children to fully engage in open-ended play in their own way. On the inside, the environment is calm and open, and children have access to an array of books, calm spaces, train tracks, blocks, wooden resources, puzzles, busy boards, arts and crafts, giant chalkboard, and role play area just to name a few. Children can move items freely around the spaces to fuel their creativity and allow them the freedom to create and play in whichever way their imagination takes them, whilst my role is to assist, discuss, advise, and encourage in whatever way they need to help keep the spaces calm and maintained for all children.
When is it on?
- When is childcare available
- Open All Year, School Holidays
- Carescheme Age Range:
- 2 year(s), month(s) to 5 year(s), month(s)
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 8am 5:30pm Tuesday 8am 5:30pm Wednesday 8am 5:30pm Thursday 8am 5:30pm
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £6 Per hour
- ECD Type
- Offers pickups
- Cost details
A day rate of £50 is available for anyone looking for full daytime hours of 8am-5:30pm
available Monday-Thursday. Funded hours will also be available soon.
- 3-4 Year Old Funding?
- 2 Year Old Funding?
- Total vacancies
- Vacancies Details
- I have 2 vacancies available each day from Monday and Thursday between the hours of 8am-5:30pm. Please note I am closed every Friday and only offer care for children between the ages of 2-5 during term time and 2 and above during school holidays.
- Immediate vacancies?
- Contact Provider for Vacancy Details?
- Vacancy range
Vacancy Range Start Age End Age Places 2 5 8
- Vacancy Information Last updated Date
- Other facilities information
- Facilities available: The setting has its own private, secluded driveway to allow children time to get safely in and out of the car for drop-offs and pick-ups. Full toileting and changing facilities are on site. I have a fully equipped inside playroom and garden area. Additional grass space for ball games and physical activities is also on site. A full range of ride-along and climbing equipment. The cabin has its own microwave , toaster and fridge for the storing and heating of snacks and drinks. It has well stocked arts, crafts, and creative supplies and activities as well as opportunities and recipes for messy and sensory play. To utilise all areas of the space I have portable napping facilities, which can be arranged for children still in need of their daytime naps as well as calm areas for those who need time and space for calm and can be moved to tranquil areas including outside on those lovely, mild and cool spring days. Other facilities include a television for use for music and songs, movies and exercise and lots of books for story and phonics time.
Due to the nature of my environment, I will be catering for all children between the ages of 2-5 years old during the term times and above during the school holidays, for them to be able to have the best possible experience of their surroundings and for me to be able to deliver the best possible activities to enhance learning and development within that age range.
I have experience working with children with ADHD and Autism and have especially deep knowledge in the understanding of symptoms and support techniques for people with ADHD. I am also experienced in working with children with additional needs, both physically and academically and supporting children with developmental global delays.
I have learnt supportive techniques through my experience with working and supporting children with dyslexia and dyscalculia.
- Languages Spoken:
- Wheelchair Access
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report