21 Together is here to provide support for family members, carers, friends and professionals supporting someone with Down’s syndrome.
Everyone has the right to live their lives to the fullest of their potential. All of our training, therapies, events and support sessions are designed to raise expectations and provide the tools for our community to realise our collective potential.
21 Together has five main aims:
- Enable people with Down’s syndrome to be fully included in society by giving them access to the early intervention and skills needed to achieve the best possible outcomes in their lives.
- Educate families and professionals to enable them to provide the best possible support for people with Down’s syndrome.
- Support families through peer networks, parent support groups and online forums.
- Advocate and build awareness of the achievements of people with Down’s syndrome. Recognising the positive impact of our community on the wider world is key in promoting true inclusion and cohesion.
- Promote raised expectations of what is possible within our community and the wider community.