Spadework offers independent living skills training and work experience to adults with learning difficulties. This is done through activities such as:
- Growing plants sold in the garden centre;
- Growing fruit and vegetables served in the café and sold in the farm shop;
- Making cakes, jam and chutneys and serving customers in the café;
- Creating crafts and working with wood to be sold at the Farmers’ Markets and in the farm shop;
- Using computers to print labels, plant information sheets and weather updates that help staff to plan the week.