Meeting friends at our coffee morning, joining the weekly quiz or relaxing with a coffee in The Orangery, what you want to do is your choice at Lawson House.
Situated in an excellent location within Martin Square, Larkfield, Lawson House offers 74 apartments alongside communal facilities for over 55s. All apartments are available on an affordable rent basis, via the local authority, Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council. Personal and domestic care can be provided* by our on-site domiciliary care team, Caring Companions, alternatively your support needs can be met by a care provider of your choice, a friend or a loved one.
Those living at Lawson House enjoy living independent lives within the community, with peace of mind that they are in a safe environment with housing staff on-site 24 hours a day, seven days a week, should an emergency arise. Our caterers, Catering Academy, provide a two-course hot meal each day at lunch time, giving residents the opportunity to socialise and get to know their neighbours. Your guests are welcome to join you for lunch, for a small charge.
You will have all you need at Lawson House but if you feel like going out, all the amenities you could want are on your doorstep. Martin Square is home to many shops and food outlets, as well as a medical practice, pharmacy, post office, newsagent, library and church. The scheme is within easy reach of local towns, with excellent bus routes and easy access to the nearby A20, M20 and A228.
To be eligible to live at Lawson House, all applicants must be aged 55 or over. At least one of the applicants must be assessed to have a minimum care and/or support need of 3.5 hours per week. A care and support need could include requiring some domestic assistance to maintain your home through to personal care.
At Lawson House our excellent range of communal facilities contribute notably to the friendly and sociable atmosphere, as well as the growth of our community.
The scheme offers the following facilities;
• Restaurant with sun room and terrace
• Multiple seating areas
• Landscaped garden
• Hair salon & therapy room
• Activity room
• Assisted bathroom
• Pantry service by schemes caterers, offering bread, milk, cheese etc to buy
• Wheelchair accessibility to apartments and communal areas
• WIFI available in selected communal areas
• Lift access
• Private off-street parking
• Mobility scooter store and charging points
• Support with arranging events and activities
• Welcomes pets
• Fob access to building and apartments
General services include;
• Care packages which are person centred to meet your individual needs
• A housing management team ensures the smooth day-to-day running of the development
• Opportunity to contribute to and take part in events and activities
• Housing staff on-site 24 hours a day so there’s always someone there if you need assistance in an emergency
• External maintenance is included in the apartment service charge
• Handyman service if you need someone to change a light bulb, put up pictures, shelves or hang curtains**
• Washing and ironing can be carried out for you*
* Additional charge applies
** Service charge covers in part depending on what you require
All apartments at Lawson House have been built to a high standard and designed with later life living in mind. The spacious apartments comprise modern fitted kitchens, one or two bedrooms, a wet room and an open plan living and dining area. Whether you choose a one or two bedroom apartment, downsizing won’t be a problem as there is plenty of storage.
• Neutrally decorated and carpeted
• Emergency call system
• Audio-visual door entry system
• Juliet balconies on upper floors
• Smoke detectors and sprinkler system
• Provision for a phone line, Sky, terrestrial TV and Internet
• Energy efficient whole apartment ventilation system with heat recovery
• Fitted kitchen with coordinating tiles and worktops
• Integrated induction hob and oven
• Quarter turn taps for ease of use
• High spec adaptable wet room
• Tiled and fitted with slip resistant vinyl flooring
• Level access shower
• Quarter turn taps for ease of use
• Comfort height toilet
To discuss eligibility or find out more, contact the scheme’s housing officer, Jil Stanley, or call Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council’s housing team on 01732 876214.