- Available to Children and Youths aged between 11-25 with Special Needs, outside term times (school holidays), as well as to young carers that support relatives with Special Needs.
- We can offer; Good social skills for all Special Needs.
- Holistic activities that provide stimulation, catered for individual needs.
- A unique, tranquil, therapeutic, safe environment for Young People.
- We are here to encourage Young People to recognise that everyone can have life chances, the opportunity to gain new skills and enjoy life.
MIH Respite Day Care Centre
Who to contact
Where to go
- The Multiple Intelligence Hub Ltd, Trading As MIH Respite Day Care
Plot 2, Black Horse Farm
- TN15 8QL
To ensure the privacy of our setting and in line with surrounding roadway restrictions, we support a traffic management plan. Therefore all viewings should be by appointment only and we offer a pick up and drop off mini bus service, scheduled in line with our timetabled programmes.
Our chosen site is based in the rural setting of Borough Green. The outdoor potential allows concentration on a unique outdoor learning environment which relies on working with nature.
The venue is ‘unique’ which is a significant growing requirement for Special Educational Needs (SEN) within the surrounding areas of Kent. It is set within an ideal location for the catchment area and offers ideal community areas (local shops/church/markets) etc, all forming part of the life skill opportunities we hope to incorporate to our future services.
The buildings on site, consist of a mobile home, 5 stables and storage units. 7.5 acres of outdoor space, a staff carpark, woodland area and a rubber based exercise menage. All the land and buildings have been adapted to suitably accommodate the purpose of the provision and ongoing conversion plans are in place to offer additional services in the near future.
- Office Space
- Learning Space currently consisting of x 2 classrooms
- 1 x Wheelchair accessible toilet
- 1 x WC
- 1 x Shower
- Fenced off Garden area
- Outdoor fields 7.5 acres
- Woodland area 1.5 acres
- Woodland walks
- Kitchen area
- Sensory Room
- Animal care area
- Rubber base Menage for outdoor play
- Storage space
When is it on?
- Date & Time Information
- Monday to Friday (Out of Term Time) 9.30am - 16.30pm
- Time of day
- Session Information
Full Day: Collection - 9.30am. Activities - 10.00am - 15.30pm. Drop off - 16.00pm
Half Day: Collection - 9.30am or 12.30pm. Activities - 10.00am or 13.00pm - 12.00pm or 15.30pm. Drop off 12.30pm or 16.00pm
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type Please call or email for cost enquiries Per session
- Cost details
Additional charges may apply depending on if half days are preferred and lunch
transport and additional support is required.
- Referral required?
- Referral and availability notes
Online referrals forms are available, or can be provided ahead of initial pre-arranged assessment visit.
We are designed and run by coordinators with expertise in special educational needs and land based activities. We offer services for Young People supported by an Educational Healthcare Plan, where their primary need is ASD. Placements are also available to alternative additional needs, however all placements are subject to an initial visit and assessment, in order to establish whether individual needs can be met within our provision.