I have been providing childcare as a registered childminder since August 1994 so have a wide range of experience.
Carol Ann Hills
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- CAROL HILLS
- Contact Position
- 01843 585665
Where to go
Venue includes a small walled garden .Situated close to local park and schools
When is it on?
- When is childcare available
- Open All Year
- Carescheme Age Range:
- 0 year(s), 0 month(s) to 8 year(s), 0 month(s)
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 7.30am 5.30pm Wednesday 7.30am 5.30pm
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £5.00 Per hour
- ECD Type
- Offers pickups
- Schools covered
- Bromstone Primary School, Broadstairs
- 3-4 Year Old Funding?
- 2 Year Old Funding?
- Total vacancies
- Immediate vacancies?
- Contact Provider for Vacancy Details?
- Vacancy Information Last updated Date
- Music, Literacy and Numeracy, Computers / It, Messy Play Area, Cookery, Toddler Groups, Toys/dolls, Dressing Up, Outdoor Activities, Themed Sessions, Pets, Trike, Tv/video/dvd, Play House, Parent and Toddler Group, Parks/playgrounds, Puppets, Water Play, Quiet Room, Games / Puzzles, Play Room, Visits and Outings, Garden, Walks, Sandpit, Help With Homework, Arts And Crafts, Reading, Refreshments, Books, Library - Baby Bounce and Rhyme Under 3's, Internet Connection, Bike, Kitchen, Songs, Sleeping Area, Library Visits, Stories, Sports, Library - Storytimes For Pre-School Children
additional needs catered for after discussion
- Languages Spoken:
- Wheelchair Access
- Wheelchair access details
- Downstairs bedroom and toilet.
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
30 Hours Extended Entitlement
- Registered to provide up to 30 hours entitlement
- 30 Hours Partner Details (These are details of any other childcare provider(s) that this provider will work with to offer the 30 hours entitlement)
I PROVIDE 3 AND 4 YEAR OLD FUNDING AND 2 YEAR OLD FUNDING
I can support children with special educational needs or disabilities
Special Needs Support
How does the setting identify children with additional needs or SEND?
On admission I will ask details about your child and will assess him/her over the next few weeks to form a baseline assessment. I will talk to you regularly about your chids achievements and any concerns you or I may have concerning their development and we can decide how we can work together to support them.
I complete a progress check at age 2 for you to share with your health visitor ,this can also help to identify any additional needs .
How will I be informed / consulted about the ways in which my child is being supported?
We can keep a contact book which shows what your child has been doing.This goes home with your child each day and you are welcome to add any comments to it.
You are welcome to discuss your childs development at any time
I will observe,assess and plan activities according to your childs individual needs taking their development into consideration
I supply you with a development report approximately 3 times a year.
How will the setting adapt the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum for my child's needs?
All activities which support the EYFS curriculum can be adapted for age and stage development . I will work in partnership with other early years and health professionals to support learning.
What teaching strategies does the setting use for children with additional needs or learning difficulties?
The environment is inclusive to all children.I have a downstairs bathroom for easy access.Toy boxes are clearly labelled with print and pictures.
I can use communication in print with visual aids to help support development.Outings will be risk assessed in advance so as all children are able to take part.
What additional support does the setting provide for children with additional needs or SEND?
Additional support from outside agencies after discussion with parents.Additional resources if required .Training to support the childs individual needs.
How will the setting monitor my child's progress and how will I be involved in this?
Daily contact book.Face to face meetings.Regular updates by phone .2 year progress report
How do you ensure children with additional needs or SEND can be included in the same activities as other children, including trips?
Trips are planned and risk assessed in advance to highlight any extra items or equipment that may be needed.
How accessible is the building for children with mobility difficulties / wheelchair users?
I have a downstairs bathroom accessed through the kitchen which has one step.A ramp could be supplied for access
How will you support my child's transition to a new setting or school?
Provide details about childs development ( with parents permission).Children come with me on school drop off/pick up so they get to know the routine.
Activities and stories and role play based on school .
How does the setting assess the overall effectiveness of its SEN provision and how can parents / carers take part in this evaluation?
Regular discussions with parents.Regular policy updates.
What arrangements does the setting have for feedback from parents / carers, including compliments and complaints?
i am happy to talk to parents at any time.I have a complaints policy and procedure in place (parents are given a copy ).