Family Matters are there to support you if you have been subjected to rape or sexual abuse. Family Matters operate throughout Kent and Medway and provide a confidential helpline, counselling, advice and support.
Family Matters provide:
- A safe and confidential environment in which to explore the thoughts, feelings and behaviour affecting your life.
- To listen, offer support and help as you find a way through some of the difficulties you are experiencing and how they impact on your wellbeing.
- To help reduce the mental and physical distress you may be experiencing.
- To assist those faced with inflicting self harm or suicidal thoughts.
- To guide you through a period of change, during which we will help you grow and replace old behaviour with new ways of thinking and self-discovery.
The Family Matters counselling practice is supported by qualified professionals - specialists in the areas of childhood sexual abuse and rape. They are trained across a wide range of issues and disciplines to help those affected address their fears and identify a clear path towards resolution and healing. Family Matters expertise is wide-ranging and covers physical abuse, depression, anxiety, post traumatic stress, child protection, trauma, bereavement, self-esteem issues, and anger management. Family Matters would also address how being vulnerable impacts on work related problems, sexuality issues and - where appropriate - related drug and alcohol problems.