Karen Elizabeth Pettitt
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Contact Position
Where to go
- CT9 3NH
When is it on?
- When is childcare available
- Term Time Only, Open All Year, Shift Patterns, School Holidays Only, Flexible, School Holidays
- Carescheme Age Range:
- 0 year(s), 2 month(s) to 14 year(s), 0 month(s)
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 08:00 18:00 Tuesday 08:00 18:00 Wednesday 08:00 18:00 Thursday 08:00 18:00 Friday 08:00 18:00
- Other Availability
- childcare before/after opening hours can be flexible after prior discussions
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.25 Per hour
- ECD Type
- Offers pickups
- Schools covered
Palm Bay Primary School
Cliftonville Primary School
- Cost details
- before 8am and after 6pm my charges are 5.50 per hour
- 3-4 Year Old Funding?
- 2 Year Old Funding?
- Total vacancies
- Vacancies Details
- I have spaces for children aged 8 and above for before/after school term time only.
- Places Range
Places Range Start Age End Age Places 5 8 6 0 5 6
- Immediate vacancies?
- Contact Provider for Vacancy Details?
- Vacancy range
Vacancy Range Start Age End Age Places 8 14 3
- Vacancy Information Last updated Date
- Swing, Computers / It, Cookery, Toddler Groups, Toys/dolls, Dressing Up, Discussions / Talks, Themed Sessions, Tv/video/dvd, Trampoline, Water Play, Games / Puzzles, Visits and Outings, Garden, Walks, Languages, Kitchen, Library - Children's Library, Library Visits, Life Skills, Library - Storytimes For Pre-School Children, Music, Literacy and Numeracy, Messy Play Area, Outdoor Adventure Play Area, Paddling Pool, Outdoor Activities, Pets, Parent and Toddler Group, Parks/playgrounds, Quiet Room, Play Room, Sandpit, Arts And Crafts, Scooter, Baby Group, Reading, Refreshments, Books, Sign Language / Makaton, Ball Pit, Bike, Soft Play Area, Songs, Sleeping Area, Slide, Climbing Frame, Stories, Sports
i am happy to offer childcare to all children. i am an inclusive provider.
- Languages Spoken:
- British Sign Language
- Wheelchair Access
- Wheelchair access details
- My business is run on the ground floor of my property but there are two steps up to my front door. The rest of my property is accessible to wheelchair access.
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 06/02/2006 Care Good 28/05/2009 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 20/10/2014 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 14/09/2017 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
Special Needs Support
How does the setting identify children with additional needs or SEND?
I offer childcare to all children and i can adapt any activities for children who may have SEND.
How will I be informed / consulted about the ways in which my child is being supported?
When your child is with me, we have contact books on your child's daily route up-to the age of 3. Photos and information can be shared via whattsapp daily. Information regarding how your child feels and how they are/have been when not in my care is talked about on handover either way. You are welcome to contact me at any point during the day to check in on your child.
How will the setting adapt the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum for my child's needs?
Each child is unique. They are them and I encourage each child to develop and grow to their own ability and understanding of the work around them. If a child has any additional needs, I will have discussions with you on how best to support and encourage their personal wellbeing.
What teaching strategies does the setting use for children with additional needs or learning difficulties?
Depending on each child's ability or disability, this will be discussed about and individual learning strategies can be put into place and monitored regularly to ensure they are correct for each individual child's needs .
What additional support does the setting provide for children with additional needs or SEND?
any support that any child requires is discussed and offered in accordance with each child's needs and ways of retaining information and sensory exploration.
How will the setting monitor my child's progress and how will I be involved in this?
You will have regular information feed backs about your child and how they are developing. I welcome as much information and input from each child's parent/carer as possible to help ensure they are on the right path that is unique to them.
Monitoring each child and observing their play and interaction, as well as their mental and emotional wellbeing.
How do you ensure children with additional needs or SEND can be included in the same activities as other children, including trips?
by risk assessing and being an inclusive practise will ensure that no child will miss out on any activity or day out.
How accessible is the building for children with mobility difficulties / wheelchair users?
I have two steps up-to my front door. This may not be suitable for wheelchair users but a ramp can be supplied as and when needed. access via my garage to the playroom is accessible for wheelchair users.
How will you support my child's transition to a new setting or school?
a process of extended introduction, play and conversations to each child's level is provided to help ease any anxiety when entering any new setting.
How does the setting assess the overall effectiveness of its SEN provision and how can parents / carers take part in this evaluation?
productive feedback is most welcome. Any constructive comments will be listened too and acted upon.
Who should I contact if I am considering registering for a place at the setting?
What arrangements does the setting have for feedback from parents / carers, including compliments and complaints?
My policies all reflect how I work as a professional child carer. Any feedback from parents/ carers is greatly appreciated and any complaints will be followed by the correct procedures as specified in my policies.