Our adopted mission statement
At Anthony Roper Pre-School & Kindergarten CIO we will focus on the whole child by providing quality education to children from the ages of 2 to 5 years old. We provide a safe, educational and nurturing environment that the children and their families feel welcome and comfortable to learn in.
Our professionally trained and qualified staff will support the children in their learning to reach their full potential. We believe that parents/carers have the most influence in a child's life. We view parents as our partners in the education of their children.
• To enhance the development and education of children under statutory school age in a parent-involving, community-based group.
• To provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment.
• To work within a framework that ensures equality of opportunity for all children and families.
• a specially tailored curriculum to aid in the implementation of the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage,
• a balance of adult-led and child-initiated learning opportunities,
• individual care and attention made possible by a high ratio of adults to children,
• fun and friendship with children and adults,
• each child the support of a personal key person,
• opportunities for you and your family to be directly involved in the activities of the Pre-School and in your own child’s progress.
The Pre-School is run by a Committee of Trustees who work closely with the two Childcare Managers. The Committee is responsible for reviewing both policy and practice, and for the employment of staff.