* Do you enjoy using digital technology for example, email and the internet?
* Do you have 1-2 hours free each week?
* Are you are a good communicator and enjoy teaching people new skills?
* Are you able to work with people on a one-to-one basis or perhaps in a small group?
Then why not become a Digital Champion? We have opportunities in Tonbridge!
These days having the skills to use digital technology is a must-have. It can save people time and money, make people feel more connected and better informed. Despite this, millions of people have never been online.
A Digital Champion is someone who helps others to understand the benefits of being online and can spend some time showing them how. Digital Champions do a range of simple things like:
- Teaching someone to use Google or a web browser
- Showing a beginner how to set up an email account
- Helping someone to use the internet to research and plan care
- Explaining computer terms and internet jargon
In return you’ll get:
- The opportunity to develop your own skills and knowledge about digital technology
- Free online training so you know better how to work with others and what sort of things you could teach them
- The chance to part of a community of Champions who can help each other and share ideas
- Rewards and awards! You’ll receive a Certificate and an online Open Badge for each Digital Champion course you complete – you can put it on your CV and show others what you’ve done.
- Immense satisfaction that you’ve made a difference to someone else
What are we looking for?
You need a good level of basic computer skills, but you don't have to be an IT genius. Much more important is having enthusiasm and patience to spend some time helping others to get online.