Fidgets is a purpose built, private pre-school and nursery set in the beautiful surroundings of Lamberhurst Vineyard in Lamberhurst, Kent. We have 3 separate rooms dedicated to our Babies and Toddlers, Kindie and Pre-school children, all of which have direct access into our gardens. We also take part in daily Forest School sessions for all children which are led by our qualified Forest School Leader, and offer term-time only sessions in our unique Forest School ‘Room’ two days a week.
Fidgets Pre-School and Nursery
Who to contact
Where to go
- TN3 8LA
When is it on?
- When is childcare available
- Open All Year
- Carescheme Age Range:
- 0 year(s), 4 month(s) to 0 year(s), 0 month(s)
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 08:00 18:00 Tuesday 08:00 18:00 Wednesday 08:00 18:00 Thursday 08:00 18:00 Friday 08:00 18:00
- ECD Type
- Day Nursery
- Offers pickups
- Cost details
- Contact provider for details
- 3-4 Year Old Funding?
- 2 Year Old Funding?
- Vacancies Details
- Please contact us for availability.
- Places Range
Places Range Start Age End Age Places 0 5 61 5 8 61
- Immediate vacancies?
- Contact Provider for Vacancy Details?
- Vacancy Information Last updated Date
- Music, Computers / It, Messy Play Area, Cookery, Drama, Outdoor Adventure Play Area, Toys/dolls, Dressing Up, Outdoor Activities, Themed Sessions, Environmental Area, Tv/video/dvd, Play House, Parks/playgrounds, Games / Puzzles, Visits and Outings, Garden, Walks, Sandpit, Arts And Crafts, Refreshments, Books, Kitchen, Sleeping Area, Slide, Climbing Frame
- Wheelchair Access
- Wheelchair access details
- Full wheelchair access and disabled toilet.
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 30/06/2009 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 10/01/2013 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 03/06/2019 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
Special Needs Support
How does the setting identify children with additional needs or SEND?
The registered person and the staff are aware of and have regard to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice 0 to 25 years, September 2020. At least one member of staff will be a Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) having received the appropriate training externally. This person will work with all staff to ensure that relevant information is shared and that our information and procedures are up to date and relevant.
Consideration is given at all times to the individual needs of all children including age, different cultures and will work with parents and carers to ensure that these needs are met and that all children are progressing and most importantly, that they are enjoying their time at setting.
- At all times all staff will treat children as individuals and will respond appropriately to the needs of all of the children in our care.
- We will provide opportunities for children to establish their own independence and freedom to choose and make decisions.
- We will value progress made by all children.
- We will record observations and use these to identify areas of additional need and support.
- We will implement appropriate plans and strategies according to the individual needs of the child and in partnership with parents/carers.
- We will work closely with parents/carers and at all times take into consideration their concerns and their wishes regarding the care of their children.
- With the consent of parents/carers we will liaise with relevant agencies, settings and outreach carers to access support networks that are available to the child, parents/carers and the setting.
- So far as is possible, we will provide appropriate resources for all children within our care accessing funding and training where available.
- We will encourage children to support each other.
- We will explore and implement appropriate communication and learning strategies where the need arises, encouraging all children to become involved.
How will I be informed / consulted about the ways in which my child is being supported?
Please see section 1
How will the setting adapt the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum for my child's needs?
Please contact us for additional and bespoke information on how we will adapt the EYFS for your child.
What teaching strategies does the setting use for children with additional needs or learning difficulties?
Please contact us for additional and bespoke information on how we will adapt our teaching strategies.
What additional support does the setting provide for children with additional needs or SEND?
Please contact us for additional and bespoke information on what additional support we can provide for you and your child.
How will the setting monitor my child's progress and how will I be involved in this?
Please contact us for additional and bespoke information on how we will monitor your child's progress.
How do you ensure children with additional needs or SEND can be included in the same activities as other children, including trips?
Please contact us for additional and bespoke information on how we will ensure that your child is included in the same activities as all children.
How accessible is the building for children with mobility difficulties / wheelchair users?
How will you support my child's transition to a new setting or school?
Please contact us for additional and bespoke information on how we will support your child's transition to a new setting or school.
Who should I contact if I am considering registering for a place at the setting?