The Mount, a Specialist Further Education College, is part of a unique integrated Camphill community which provides care, support and engaged learning for students aged 16 to 25 within a holistic environment, offering day and residential placements, 38 weeks per year. Students benefit from an inclusive and person-centred curriculum which balances and supports cognitive learning and skills development with experiential learning, movement education, artistic activities and individual therapies.
The Mount Camphill Community - Further Education College
Who to contact
Where to go
- The Mount Camphill Community
- TN5 6PT
When is it on?
- Date & Time Information
- Day and Residential Placements are available
- Referral required?
- Referral and availability notes
- Introduction to craft curriculum; clay work, felting, basketry, candle dipping, green woodwork, forging including art. Sessions in bakery, garden, cookery which along with the craft curriculum inform choices for an individualised timetable in years 2 & 3
- In house functional skills tutor working in 1:1/small groups. Also providing training and support to all staff. Embedded functional skills across all curriculum areas. Movement sessions timetabled for each day.
- Development of independence skills, practical training and off-site activities extends students' experience and learning beyond The Mount and enables them to live a fulfilled and independent life.
- We have an inhouse Functional Skills tutor and OT/SLT supporting our students and staff. Staff receive regular training some mandatory such as safeguarding and others as needed such as PDA/Total Communication etc. All our staff are qualified as required
- Please see our website for lots more information and particularly the Student Admissions page if you are interested in coming to visit and look around.
We are a specialist further education college.
- Learning difficulty, Severe learning difficulty,
- Local Offer Disabilities
- Learning difficulty
- Severe learning difficulty
- Local Offer Age Bands
- Transitions to Adulthood (16+)
- Needs Level
- SEN Provision Type
- Special school