Our library is free to join and offers a wide range of services - from free access to books, computers, the internet and information to the hire of music, audio books and films.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Canterbury Library
The Beaney House of Art & Knowledge
18 High Street
- CT1 2RA
When is it on?
- Date & Time Information
- Open Monday to Saturday
- Session Information
Monday: 9am - 6pm
Tuesday: 9am - 6pm
Wednesday: 9am - 6pm
Thursday: 9am - 8pm
Friday: 9am - 6pm
Saturday: 9am - 5pm
- Public wi fi and computers (shuts down 15 minutes before closing time)
- A4 B&W and colour printer
- A3 & A4 B&W photocopier
- A3 & A4 microfilm reader/printer
- Audio books
- Local history collection
IT Buddy computer help available - please contact library to book.
Car parks very close by including Pound Lane Public Car park.
Access to public toilets
Accessible toilets with baby-changing facilities on each level, located on:
- Ground floor - café (toilets close 5pm, but 7pm on Thursday)
- Mezzanine floor – off Local Studies area (toilets closing times as for café)
- First floor – Colour and Camouflage Gallery (toilets close 5pm and all day on Monday when the gallery is closed).
There is lift access to all floors.
Bus pass applications
Registration of births and deaths daily by appointment - private room available.
Out of hours returns via dropbox in Visitor Information Centre 10am - 5pm on Sundays only.
For out-of-hours enquiries, please contact 24/7 Ask a Kent Librarian service.
- Age Range
- Suitable for all ages