At Seashells we provide a warm, caring environment for even the youngest children to flourish. We provide childcare from the ages of 3 months to 7 years over our two rooms – Jellyfish (0-2), Ocean room (18 months upwards)
In each room we provide our children with lots of new and exciting activities including;
- Messy play – an opportunity to use their senses to explore different textures
- Drawing and painting – for our budding artists to practise their skills
- Play dough and clay – malleable materials to form masterpieces
- Sand and water – to practice pouring and digging
- Construction – to build and construct using a varied range of large and small objects and tools
- Home corner and role playing – using our imaginations to create different scenarios
- Reading corner – to listen and look to books with adults and independently
- Music – singing, making music with instruments and dancing
- Cosy areas – to relax and chill out
- Sleep areas- for napping following parents’ wishes
We love to provide opportunities for children to play imaginatively with natural and open-ended resources – we love to see them create play opportunities whilst learning about nature and the world around us, using their imagination to make wonderful activities.
At Seashells we are lucky to have large areas inside so we can play with big scale activities – big blocks to build with, rolls of paper to paint etc!
We have our African land snails and stick insects. We teach our children how to care for our pets.
We have a fenced outside area and can use the large playing field, but we often go into the wider environment, visiting parks and local shops.
We are unique in being able to offer fully flexible hours (1 weeks notice required) and can accommodate shift patterns and parents needs. We are open 50 weeks per year 8 am - 6 pm, closed on Bank Holidays and two weeks at Christmas.
We believe in working closely with parents and carers, we are a friendly team ready to welcome you into our Seashells family, please pop in and meet us all!