The Care Leavers Association is “an ever growing network of care leavers.”
Our Vision is for “a good life in care, a good life after care.”
Our mission is “to bring together the voices of care leavers of all ages so that we improve the current care system, improve the quality of life of care leavers throughout their life and change for the better society’s perception of people who have been in care.”
Our Strategic Outcomes are to:
- improve the lives of care leavers
- improve others knowledge about the care leaver experience
- increase the care leaver voice to improve outcomes, policy and practice
To achieve this we have an overarching set of 5 strategic aims:
- The CLA will be a user led organisation ensuring that all care leavers have the space and mechanism to input their experiences into achieving our collective vision.
- The CLA will continue to be a leading authority on leaving care issues.
- The CLA will ensure that care leavers have access to the best quality support in the wider world
- The CLA will highlight discrimination where it occurs and challenge negative stereotypes.
- The CLA will build upon its current financial position, governance and organisational systems to improve stability and sustainability while ensuring strength and vitality.