Skip to main content

Supported living for adults with learning disabilities

Supported living is a way of helping adults with learning disabilities to have the opportunity to live as independently as possible.

If you do not want to live in residential care, but you would not be able to cope on your own at home, then supported living might the right option for you.

There are 3 options:

  • sharing a house or flat where other people get the same help as you

  • having your own house or flat with the support you need there

  • living with someone and their family, this is called Shared Lives

Each one of these options is made up of suitable or adapted accommodation with additional personal care suited to your needs. Your care manager will work with you to determine which is the best option for you. For this service you need to speak to your care manager, if you do not have one please contact us.

Who to contact

Kent County Council Supported Living Scheme

Other Details

Referral required?


Sign in to write a review

Give website feedback

green smiley (good) orange smiley (average) red smiley (poor)