Freeways Catering Service is based within Milton Haig which houses Gravesend Community Service and the Integrated Team.
Freeways Catering provides day opportunities (Monday to Friday) for adults with a learning disability who wish to work in catering.
We employ a Day Centre Officer and a Cook to support people with developing and learning new skills.
We can provide support for up to 10 people each day with varying needs and levels of support.
We have a large fully equipped kitchen and a dining room that can seat up to 20. We make breakfast, snacks, lunch, desserts and cakes.We also offer a buffet menu for other teams for parties and team events. Our Aim is to provide a person centered service. We listen to what skills people have and what they want to develop and achieve.We then support them to undertake a training programme.
This is done in small steps to help people learn and can include:
- How to use the different equipment in the kitchen such as dishwasher, food processor, coffee machine
- How to set the tables ready for service
- How to work the cash register
- How to maintain a catering environment
- How to store food correctly
- How to purchase supplies.