Hand in Hand Nursery
Who to contact
Where to go
- Hand in Hand Nursery
Newlands Childrens Centre
- CT11 7AJ
The nursery is open from 8am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday. We are open 38 weeks of the year, term time only for children between the ages of 6 months and 5 years.
Fully equipped gardens
Key person system
Free settling in sessions
Home visits (optional)
Funded Entitlement for all eligible 3 & 4 year olds
Free for 2 funding for all eligible 2 year olds
When is it on?
- When is childcare available
- Term Time Only
- Carescheme Age Range:
- 6 year(s), 0 month(s) to 5 year(s), 0 month(s)
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 08:00 17:00 Tuesday 08:00 17:00 Wednesday 08:00 17:00 Thursday 08:00 17:00 Friday 08:00 17:00
- ECD Type
- Day Nursery
- Offers pickups
- Cost details
- Contact provider for details
- 3-4 Year Old Funding?
- 2 Year Old Funding?
- Vacancies Details
- contact Nursery Manager for full details of current vacancies 03000 420994
- Places Range
Places Range Start Age End Age Places 0 5 44
- Immediate vacancies?
- Music, Computers / It, Messy Play Area, Cookery, Outdoor Adventure Play Area, Toys/dolls, Dressing Up, Dance, Outdoor Activities, Trike, Puppets, Water Play, Quiet Room, Games / Puzzles, Visits and Outings, Garden, Walks, Sandpit, Arts And Crafts, Reading, Refreshments, Books, Sign Language / Makaton, Bike, Kitchen, Soft Play Area, Songs, Sleeping Area, Slide, Climbing Frame, Stories
ABOUT HAND IN HAND NURSERY
Hand in Hand Nursery is provided by Thanet Early Years Project, a charitable organisation that has provided services for children and families in Thanet since 1987.
We are based in the Newlands Children’s Centre, Dumpton Lane, Ramsgate. We are registered to take children from 3 months to five years.
In the event of our nursery having to close for maintenance or similar the project has two other settings that subject to availability may be able to accommodate your child.
As Manager I would like to introduce you and your child to our nursery. At Hand in Hand we want for you as Parents and Carers to have a friendly trusting relationship with the staff. We want to be true partners with you in your children’s care and education. Every child will be assigned a key-person who will be responsible for liaising with you and implementing the care of your child; in the event of their absence each key person has a buddy. We want you to be assured that your child is safe and secure.
We aim to ensure that all children will develop confidence and independence through making choices which will positively affect their learning and life decisions.
At Hand in Hand Nursery we:-
Provide a learning environment which is carefully planned to provide a variety of activities to meet each individual child’s learning needs:
- Promote positive outcomes for all children.
- Develop children’s independence and
- Promote an all inclusive environment.
- Maintain a high standard of care and education.
- Promote outdoor and physical play.
- Provide balanced healthy snacks.
- Employ friendly approachable qualified and dedicated staff.
Newlands Children’s Centre
As part of the Newlands Children’s Centre we are able to benefit from the involvement of other professionals. We are able to seek the advice of health visitors, as well as, the Early Help workers who all form part of the children’s centre services.
At Thanet Early Years Project (TEYP)
We aim to help your child settle into nursery as smoothly as possible and provide a wide range of fun experiences to help develop your child’s interest and learning. TEYP believe that in order for your child to feel secure and settle into nursery life, it is best for them to attend a minimum of two sessions per week
- Wheelchair Access
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 03/07/2007 Integrated Outstanding 25/03/2011 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 15/10/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 15/02/2019 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding