The branch covers postcodes TN1 to TN20 (Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge, Sevenoaks, and nearby towns and villages).
Our aim is to give support and advice to all those affected by Multiple Sclerosis (MS), whether they be existing members or not. We also:
- Run a local branch telephone line for those needing assistance.
- Publish a monthly newsletter. In addition, members receive MS Matters bi-monthly dealing with research and national issues.
- In association with Pembury hospital and Burswood hospital, partly fund referrals for physiotherapy and hydrotherapy treatment for 8 sessions per person.
- Hold monthly evening socials and frequent lunchtime get-togethers.
- Organise outings and help with transport needs.
- Represent the concerns of the society at a local level.
- Hold fundraising events.
We have vehicles for transporting people in wheelchairs. We also have a large caravan in Sussex, which is fully wheelchair accessible and available to members at a nominal cost.
The main purpose of the branch is the provision of welfare services. MS affects not just the person with MS but also their partner, family and friends.
We aim to help all of those affected by MS. We offer help with coming to terms with the diagnosis; Help with information; Help to claim any benefits that may be needed; Help with grants that may be needed; and help and support with living with MS.
You do not need to be a member to get any of this help.