Who are TLC ?
Tender Loving Carers was founded in 1994 by Kim Grutzmacher. Her mission was to provide care for the community to the highest standards and to provide the level of care she would want for her mother or father, whilst maintaining the user of service’s independence, choice and dignity.
Keeping people in their own homes is paramount to the running of the business.
Over the years the family run business has expanded into a team of professionally managed staff who provide an homecare service ensuring peace of mind to the user’s of service and their families.
The day to day running of the company and the strategic intent is the responsibility of Kim’s eldest daughter Brigitte Grutzmacher, who is the registered Managing Director.
I started Tender Loving Carers in 1994 and it was my mission then and it is still is, to provide care into the community to the highest of standards to enable people to stay in their own homes with the aim of promoting independence, choice and dignity. We are a family run business which has expanded into a professionally managed service that provides peace of mind to the service user and their families.
Kim Grutzmacher. Director.
Our values are:
- To care as we would expect others to care for us!!
- To promote respect, fulfilment, rights, dignity, independence, security, civil rights and choice to our clients.
- To be professional.
- To commit to teamwork.
- To promote effective communication.
- To empower others.
The company’s vision is that everyone in need of care and/or support is able to have the fundamental right to assistance to help them stay in their own homes, with as much financial support as required.
It is our belief everyone is entitled to be treated with dignity irrespective of age or whether they have physical or medical disabilities.
As an employer we endeavour to keep all of our staff current with all standard training, as well as offering training in specific fields of care. Our vision to continue this adapting to change when required.
We continue to ensure our staff’s welfare is considered, so that you can receive happy, professional care and support.
Services we provide
- Support with getting up and going to bed
- Getting dressed and undressed
- Feet soaking/washing
- Hair care-washing/drying
- Teeth cleaning
- Applying creams
- Assistance in toileting
- Assistance with incontinence
- Assistance with catheters, convenes and stoma
- Managing Medication
- Support with eating and drinking, monitoring nutrition/fluid intake
- Making appointments with health care professionals
- Escorting to appointments
- Respite support for family
- Befriending/encouraging independence
- Planning for emergencies
- Sleep ins / Wake nights
Visits range from ½ hour upwards
- Blitz Cleaning
- Spring Cleaning
- Every day vacuuming and dusting
- Cleaning of toilets, commodes and bathrooms
- Changing and making beds
- Laundry and Ironing
- Meal Preparation (Breakfast, Lunch, Tea and Supper)
- Shopping (Accompanied or Unaccompanied)
- Accompanying on a walk
- Walking Pets
- Feeding Pet
- Help with form filling
- Help with Phone calls
- Prescription pick up
- Paying bills
- Attending appointments with client
- Accompanying socialising and companionship
- Chaperone for day trips, holidays
- Chaperone/scribe for college
- Support with leisure activities
- Sitting service, day or night
- Help with exercise
- Menu Planning