Gravesend Library is housed in a restored Edwardian building (1905) with many original features and a completely new building adjoining it which was added in 2011. There is a Reading Garden and the Community Room is on the first floor.
All of our libraries are free to join and offer a wide range of services - from free access to books, computers, the internet and information to the hire of music, audio books and films.
For up to date information please visit our website or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Free bookable public computers and Wi-Fi (shut down 15 minutes before closing time)
- A4 & A3 B&W and colour printer
- A3 & A4 B&W and colour photocopier
- Induction loop
- Microform reader and printers
Public toilets on the ground floor
- Parrock Street car park (5 minutes walk) or in Thamesgate Shopping Centre opposite Gravesend train station in Clive Road (3 minutes walk)
- Books Beyond Words Group fortnightly 11am - midday
- Baby Rhyme Time on Wednesday 10:30am - 11am and 11:30am - midday
- Evening Reading Group monthly on second Wednesday 7:30pm - 9pm
- Knit and Natter on Thursday 10:30am - 12:30pm
- Playground (Baby) on Thursday 10:30am - 11:15am
- Playground (Toddler) on Thursday 1pm - 1:45pm
- Playground (Preschool) on Thursday 3:30pm - 4:15pm
- CoderDojo monthly on second Saturday 10:45am - 1pm
- Find a reading group
- Search other library activities and events on the local Kent directory
- We accept completed ENTCS bus pass applications
- Registration of births and deaths daily by appointment
- For out of hours enquiries, contact 24/7 Ask a Kent Librarian service which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- UK Online Centre ID 4665