21 February: Gravesend Library has no internet (or computer and printer) access due to a local network outage
Gravesend Library is housed in a restored Edwardian building (1905) with many original features and a completely new building adjoining it which was added in 2011. There is a Reading Garden and the Community Room is on the first floor.
All of our libraries are free to join and offer a wide range of services - from free access to books, computers, the internet and information to the hire of music, audio books and films.
If you already have a library account with us, log in to your library account to browse and borrow new items.
- Free bookable public computers and Wi-Fi (shut down 15 minutes before closing time)
- A4 & A3 B&W and colour printer
- A3 & A4 B&W and colour photocopier
- Induction loop
- Microform reader and printers
- Books Beyond Words Group fortnightly 11am - midday
- Baby Rhyme Time on Wednesday 10:30am - 11am and 11:30am - midday
- Evening Reading Group monthly on second Wednesday 7:30pm - 9pm
- Playground (Baby) on Thursday 10:30am - 11:15am
- Family Playground monthly on first and third Saturday 1:30pm
- CoderDojo monthly on second Saturday 10:45am - 1pm
- Find a reading group
- Search other library activities and events on the local Kent directory
- Public toilets on the ground floor
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and assistance dogs are welcome
- Parrock Street car park (5 minutes walk) or in Thamesgate Shopping Centre opposite Gravesend train station in Clive Road (3 minutes walk)