The Young Lives Foundation (YLF) is an independent children’s charity established in 2007. YLF are dedicated to delivering quality services tailored to ensure the achievement of effective outcomes in the lives of vulnerable and disadvantaged children and young people.
Demand for YLF's services continues to increase and their trained team of staff and dedicated volunteers work hard to ‘make a difference’ to as many children and vulnerable people in need as possible across Kent.
What YLF Does
- Support young people through times of difficulty and distress
- Enabling their voices to be heard
- Assisting them to achieve their potential
Who YLF Supports
- Looked after children / care leavers
- Children on the edge of care / children in need
- Young offenders / at risk of offending
- NEET young people / young people disengaged in education
- Young people with mental health difficulties
- Families in need of support / young parents
How YLF Do It
- Mentoring & Befriending
- Advocacy & Children’s Rights
- Positive Activities
YLF's Mission is to be alongside children and young people in need in ways that:
- affirm their identity and worth
- champion their rights, needs and interests
- promote their well-being and development
YLF's Vision is that every young person in need shall have access to the resources and opportunities needed for them to achieve their potential and lead fulfilled lives.