East Kent Housing deliver the council housing services on behalf of Canterbury, Dover, Shepway and Thanet councils.
East Kent Housing is responsible for:
- collecting rent and helping tenants who are having difficulty in paying
- making sure that tenants stick to their tenancy agreements
- involving and communicating with tenants including producing newsletters, leaflets and supporting community groups and activities
- working with the police, the council and other agencies to reduce anti-social behaviour
- reletting empty properties, approving mutual exchanges and changes to tenancies
- running sheltered housing schemes and organising adaptations to the homes of tenants with disabilities.