Windmill Community Gardens is a community garden project in Thanet. The Windmill Community Garden has community plots, wildlife habitats and Organic Food growing plot on the Dane Valley Allotments, Margate. The Windmill Community Garden project has a range of opportunities for people to come together to make a difference for themselves and help to improve their physical and mental health, social isolation, wellbeing and community cohesion through educational and environmental activities. Activities in the Windmill Community Garden include:
- A Market Garden: Growing a variety of Organic vegetables and run a weekly vegetable bag scheme with a mixture of the produce we grow and also from local farmers.
- Garden Club for people to drop into, you do not have to be an expert gardener, just come along and share any skills not just gardening.
- Cabbage Patch parent and toddler group for families with a child aged 5 or under on Thursdays. Here families are encouraged and supported to join in with healthy, seasonal cooking, wildlife, art & craft activities, explore the gardens, pond dipping, herb walks, socialize and support one another. Cost £1 for first child 50p for any additional children.
- Wellbeing Group supporting people with Mental Health needs where participants can be referred by their GP or support worker to attend. People can again join in with various activities including cooking, harvesting, planting, craft, art, socializing and so much more.
- On Saturdays The Funtastic Kids Saturday Outdoor Club runs for 8-13 year olds where children & young people can play, explore, cook & eat, pond dip, grow, harvest, craft, water plants, dig, and play.
For more information telephone or email email@example.com