Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic we are currently open to a small amount of children. However, if you wish your child to join us, we are accepting application forms to start in September, unless Government advice states otherwise.
Lydd House Playgroup is a Committee run setting. We are passionate about providing the best experiences for the young children in our community, making the most of our local assets. We take the children out and about to explore our lovely town and all it has to offer! We visit the local library once a term. Take the children to the vets, the park, and celebrations/activities at the church.
The Playgroup operates on the ground floor of two houses that have been converted into one. The houses were originally two semi-detached Police houses. We have ample space for the children to play inside and out!
Inside we have designated areas:
- A messy room: where water, sand, play dough, paint are a staple of our daily activities; also complimented by other forms of messy play - slime, water beads, cornflour, ice cubes, craft activities, gluing, collaging etc.
- A home corner: where children can role play alongside/with each other, dressing up, playing with the pretend food, dolls and teddies.
- A book corner, with a varied choice of books, music/story cd’s, and puppets.
- A self registration system which identifies how your child feels when they arrive at Playgroup. Also, a Super Star board to highlight and praise all kinds of desired behaviours!
- There is a quiet cosy corner where children can rest and take a nap.
- We have literacy and numeracy based resources out daily to develop children’s awareness, and ample mark making activities to develop their gross and fine motor skills.
- We understand that children thrive on being able to investigate and question the environment around them. We encourage this wholeheartedly, inside and outside.
- We have a varied construction and small world area, the children access these resources independently, developing their own play naturally.
Our outside area:
- We have an array of large play equipment: swings, slides, climbing frames and balancing equipment.
- We have a road circuit for the children to ride bikes, trikes, scooters and cars.
- A large sand pit with diggers! A water pump station which the children can access independently.
- A mud kitchen for those glorious mud pies!
- Two pet rabbits!
- A large vegetable garden to dig in and explore. Also a big log pile for bug hunting!
- A Wendy house to chill out in, and a stage for our budding entertainers!
There is so much on offer at Lydd House Playgroup! Come and see for yourself, bring your children, we can guarantee they won’t want to leave!