I am the Local Parkinson’s Adviser for the Ashford, Hastings, Rother and Tunbridge Wells areas.
Parkinson’s UK is the charity that drives better care, treatments and quality of life for those affected by Parkinson’s. We have a UK-wide network of friendly local advisers and each covers a different local area. I can assist whether a person has the condition themselves, is a carer, friend or family member of someone with Parkinson's or is an agency involved with the care of someone affected by Parkinson’s.
I can help if someone:
- Is looking for advice and information
- is looking for tips on how to deal with the day-to-day impact of Parkinson's
- needs emotional support, whether they have a Parkinson’s diagnosis, are a carer, or a family member/friend
- wants to find out more about the services available in their area
- wants to learn about their rights and entitlements
- needs help navigating the benefits process
- needs information on where to find grants and financial help
- is looking for support on employment issues
- needs support with anything else relating to their life with Parkinson's
I am here so that no-one has to face Parkinson's alone.
I am contactable via firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone on 0344 225 3735.
Parkinson’s UK provide free leaflets on a range of topics linked to Parkinson’s. If you would like me to forward a selection to your pharmacy please don’t hesitate in letting me know. Alternatively, these can be ordered for free at: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/ordering-our-resources