Our charity was set up by Janet and Bill Burgess, who themselves were parents of an autistic child, in order to raise awareness of the condition and to give advice and support to those in a similar position. 30 years on, we have grown in experience and expanded the range of services offered.
Our purpose is to unlock potential, improve lives and widen horizons, one notch at a time.
Some of the ways in which we help include:
• Diagnosis. We offer advice to those seeking a diagnosis and support and guidance after the diagnosis.
• Goals. Develop short and long-term goals to help improve quality of life.
• Social. We hold social groups and activities to help share experiences and gain mutual support.
• Training. We cover specific issues such as anxiety management and parent and family training.
• Practical. We offer practical advice to those with an ASC, including budgeting, benefits, employment, education, health and housing.
• Information. We have one of the largest autism libraries in the UK.