To give job seekers and dis-advantaged members of the community a space to review their prospects and progress them in a positive way. The service offers qualified CV support and employment advise. This service looks at the option of starting work or changing career and considers all step involved in doing so positively by bring agencies together that can support people make this step.
10am start of the Job Shop
10am Café Opens
1015am Job Club Opens
- CV Advise
- Application Support
- Job Search Support; Resources available such as IT application support, media links, inclusive of newspapers available for active job search within an open labour market.
- Spec Letter and Cover Letter Support
- Interview Prep
- Interview confirmation and generation guidance
11am IWOR Seminar Starts
Overview of IWORK
IWORK is a specifically focused group deigned to support self-employment curious guests to the Job Club. The sessions and advise is broken down and deigned to support individuals on their journey to self-employment and financial freedom; often described as financial freedom. Each guest will have a record of learning and development so for each session they attend a progression and learning goal is met.
- Ideas and how to set up
- Is self-employment right for me
- Gaining my inner confidence and resilience
- Registration of a business and choosing your status
- Marketing, social media and an introduction to branding
- An introduction to the design of a brand and logo
- Gaining a customer after identifying who they are
- Retaining a customer and growing sales
- Keeping a track of your business – accounts, targets and expenditure
- Gaining resourcing and networking
- What success looks and feels like
- Taking the next step and considering staff
1145am IWORK Seminar Closes
1145am Training Course and Vocational Training Sign up opens
This is a dedicated section of the time where guests can sin up to online courses to progress personal development and professional vocational training. We have a variety of training courses available that are both in person training settings and online training platforms. All accredited and have tutorial support for all learning levels. Training is fully funded and free to all learners. Eligibility will be advisory on the day of sign up.
Courses also include Traineeships available in the local area specifically aimed at 16-24 year olds.
12noon Job Shop Closes; Café Closes; Course Sign up Closes